- leftover turkey carcass (take most of the skin off, but leave any meat that remains on the bone)
- 4 large carrots, washed and sliced
- 3 celery stalks, washed and sliced
- 5-6 cups of water, divided
- 1 cup of beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. rotini (aka. corkscrew) noodles
Begin by placing your carcass in a large pot and adding about 3 cups of water. Simmer on low for 30 minutes. Remove carcass from the pot and allow the liquid to remain. Once the carcass is cool enough to handle, pick away any and ALL worthy scraps of meat. Leave no meat left behind. Place all of the meat in the pot with the liquid. PS: This entire step can be done ahead of time and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days before continuing with the rest of the step.
Add the remaining water along with the broth, carrots, celery, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes and then reduce to a simmer. While this is simmering, cook rotini according to the directions on the box. Add cooked noodles to the soup. Allow pot to simmer for 10-15 more minutes. Serve with bread if desired. Happy soup season!