Every couple can benefit from the romance of dating again. However, you may not always be able to leave the house for date night. Here are a few of the fun ways we nurture our marriages when securing a sitter and spending cash is not on the agenda.
- Snuggle up in bed with ice cream sundaes (avoid being busted by your kids for having food in your bedroom by getting those dishes in the sink before sunrise).
- Head out to the deck with a glass of wine in one hand and your hubby’s hand in the other. Laugh, talk, or just enjoy being together in the quiet.
- Grab some chips and salsa and challenge your guy in a game of Scrabble. We don’t recommend keeping score in your marriage, but when it comes to board games, the gloves are off.
- Crack open a couple of beers and grab a throw blanket. Curl up together on the couch and ask each other a few fun questions you may or may not think you know the answers to. Here is a link to a list of questions we think is great.
- If you are like us, you rarely visit the movie theater. However, this makes selecting a movie through your cable company easy since you haven’t seen anything anyway. Pop some popcorn and enjoy, and try not to fall asleep.
- At dinner time, feed the kids PB&J, a few carrot sticks and apple slices. When the lights are out, order from your favorite Thai restaurant and enjoy dining together without cutting up food or cleaning up a milk spill.
- Just being alone together can bring you closer as a couple. Tackling a small household project like folding laundry or filing bills together can actually be fun.
- You could let your husband plan date night, and you know what that will include – men are pretty easy to please.