I have always wanted to do a time capsule as a family and FINALLY we did it! Rather than commemorate large quantities of the world’s events, I chose to have my family reflect on 2013 as it affected our house of seven.I used an aluminum cylinder with a lid (it was a Pepperidge Farm pirouette cookies can), wrapped it in printed paper, gave it a couple of labels and donned it with a bow. Inside were some of our top pics for our family’s year as well as some things I thought would be fun to review in 10 years. It seems like a long way away, but something tells me it will be here before we know it.
Here are a few things we included:
- Each child’s “signature” and what they each think they will be doing in 10 years. That’s gonna be fun to look at.
- A plastic mustache
- A Rainbow Loom bracelet
- A picture of all of us in the hospital when Elizabeth was born
- A paint brush and paint swatch (we had our whole house painted and it took ALL SUMMER!)
- A picture of Baby George and the young royal family (the little prince was a big deal in our house since we had a baby this summer too)
- A Spain flag (our good friends moved there in 2013 and we miss them)
- + more.