This might just be the easiest recipe we have ever posted. My mother-in-law has been making these for years as appetizers and calling them Doggie Biscuits. Love the dish – hate the name. Keep reading and find out how versatile this single recipe is.
- 1 lb bulk sausage (I use the sage seasoned, but it is yummy with any bulk sausage)
- 2 tubes of crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 375*. Unroll 1 tube of crescent rolls, flatten onto a cookie sheet and press seams together. Spread 1/2 of the uncooked sausage onto the crescent rolls. Roll lengthwise. Slice and spread the pinwheels over the cookie sheet. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Prepare the other tube of crescent rolls and remaining sausage while the first batch is cooking. Here are a few ways my family likes to enjoy these…
- Serve on a platter as an appetizer.
- Serve with scrambled eggs and fruit for a delicious breakfast.
- Serve with vegetables for a VERY quick dinner.