My house is pretty testosterone heavy, so this time of year it seems that there is a football game on at any given moment of any day. This may not actually be true, but it sure seems like it.
Luckily for me, this time of year also means the kick-off to awards season. That’s right, I take great pleasure in watching the beautiful people receive awards for work that I may or may not have seen or even be aware of. The dresses, the hair, the jewelry, call me shallow, but I love it all! Sometimes the pre-game (a.k.a. Red Carpet) is even better than the actual show.I may not don a gown to enjoy these shows, but I can certainly dig out my most glittery earrings and maybe even pin up my hair to jazz up my yoga pants for the occasion. I now have a partner in crime, as Evie loves any chance to put on jewelry deemed inappropriate for daily wear by a five-year-old. I can enjoy a flute of champagne while my little one may have some lemonade or ginger ale. It may seem silly, but it provides a little escape from football if only for a short time.
Unofficial Guide to (Some) Televised Award Shows:
Wednesday, January 8 @ 9 p.m. on CBS: People’s Choice Awards
- Sunday, January 12 @ 8 p.m. on NBC: Golden Globes Awards
- Saturday, January 18 @ 8 p.m. on TBS, TNT: Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Sunday, January 26 @ 8 p.m. on CBS: Grammy Awards
- Sunday, March 2 on ABC: Academy Awards
- Saturday, March 29 @ 8 p.m. on Nickelodeon: Kids’ Choice Awards
- Sunday, April 6 on CBS: Academy of Country Music Awards
- Sunday, May 18 on ABC: Billboard Music Awards
So dig out your fancy jewels and glassware and enjoy the ridiculousness of it all!