1. What to put inside? and 2. Who gets it? oh yeah, and 3. Can it be cheap?
Here’s how I do it:
On the back of the box is a list indicating who opens the door on which day. So with 5 kids, each child opens 5 doors between December 1 and December 25.
The following items are inside (one item on each day and each child eventually gets the same thing just perhaps not in a row. For example, I put in 5 quarters and each child will have one by Christmas. Inside a few doors the kids will find a scripture from the Christmas story or a nice idea (like “Say a prayer for someone.”) to remind our children what this precious season of Advent is really about. Click here to get the verses.
- Quarters (each child gets 1)
- packs of gum
- hair accessories for the girls and chap-stick for the boys
- fun ribbon (they LOVE using mine)
- foil wrapped chocolate Santas
The options are endless and don’t have to cost a lot. Comment and share with us how you prepare for Christmas.